Sunday, August 24, 2008

Honey Extraction Party

This little photo essay was posted a while after the event. Thus some comments in the next installment of my blog are repetitive.

I didn't have any honey to spare, but I still attended the big extracting party in Dick LaForge's barn.

Margaret, Joy and others uncapping honeycomb.

Uncapping is a messy business, but cleanup is delicious.



Mike, Dick and Elyse wait by the extractor.


Spinning out the honey



Second wave of honey harvesters

Being an often negligent photodocumentarian, I failed to capture the food table. There were many tasty Humboldt-style offerings. The most notable item was a honey cake baked in a skep mold. It was beautiful and delicious. I believe Naomi Klass baked it. I also missed out on the adventure into Dick's bee yard, when he collected his honey supers.

No comments:

Post a Comment