Monday, May 5, 2008

Bees Day 7

The bees are great. I inspected the hive yesterday, and found that everyone is very busy, including Boudicca (the queen). Lots of comb, eggs, nectar & pollen. I probably would have seen larvae, if I had looked at some of the "older" frames. I was so careful to not bother them too much that I really didn't inspect very well. I think I'll go back in today or tomorrow. I'm wishing I'd gotten two hives, and might get onto the swarm list, so I can collect a free one. I just need to get some more hive parts. Soon I might have to get more boxes & frames anyway, considering how fast my bees are building comb.

Karin took a couple of movies while I was inspecting yesterday. She wasn't too happy about that job, being a bit bee phobic. At one point she flinched when a bee bumped into her. I'm getting so blasé about that, even when I'm not suited up, that I had to remind myself that she isn't. But she does show an interest, and asks how they're doing. She even comes out to look at them as they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment